Patch 1.05 for Elden Ring is here, bringing with it several bug fixes for the action RPG, but few particularly exciting changes.
The latest update to Elden Ring, which is now live, focuses on improving game stability and balance. O patch notes (opens in new tab) Detailed fixes for abilities not activating or working properly, faulty NPC spawns, weapon crashes, and a bug that caused Malenia to sometimes spawn with low health.
Loading times in the Xbox Series X version of the game have also been improved and the online multiplayer connection between PS4 and PS5 players has become more stable. The game’s text has also been improved in some places, and a glitch that prevented some players from activating the next Site of Grace after dropping Starscourge Radahn has been fixed.
Elsewhere in the patch notes, publisher Bandai Namco lists some changes that will come in handy if you’re on a second playthrough. When trading with the Twin Maiden Husk, some Bell Bearing items have been changed so that “its unlocked status carries over” to New Game+ playthroughs.
Additional sound effects have also been added, notifying you when another player’s summon signal appears. The patch also “added emphasis on choosing the Holy Vial and a number of other options that can be beefed up in the menu for free”, although what specifically has changed is unclear.
Elden Ring has had no shortage of updates since it was released earlier this year. The patches introduced major balance changes, fixed faulty bosses, and gave Radahn his groove back. They are also gradually altering the Elden Ring game map without anyone noticing.
Check out the full patch notes for 1.05 below.
Elden Ring 1.05 patch notes
- Fixed a bug where gear could be changed in the gear menu while using a skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the “War Cry” skill where the effect was applied to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
- Fixed a bug where some “Barbaric Roar”, “War Cry” and “Troll’s Roar” recovery time actions were longer than expected.
- Fixed a bug where “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolution” skill effects do not always wear out with certain weapons.
- Fixed a bug where some “Ice Spear” skill attacks are undefensible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the attack power of some skills to be reduced when using the “Golden Vow” skill.
- Fixed a bug where the light wave of the “Moonlight Greatsword” skill would sometimes not point to the blocked target.
- Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the “Seppuku” skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Seppuku” skill’s attack power increase to be higher than expected for some attack moves.
- Fixed a bug where a status effect was applied when using “Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker” skill.
- Fixed a bug where the “Waves of Darkness” skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning cleave.
- Fixed a bug that caused unintended moves to play when switching to a different spell or enchantment when using a spell or enchantment.
- Fixed a bug that increased FP consumption when using “Magma Shot” and “Roiling Magma” spells while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where the “Claw Talisman” effect was not applied when jumping with the “Starscourge Greatsword” in both hands.
- Fixed a bug that the power of two-handed attacks, except the jump attack of the “Golem’s Halberd” weapon, is different than expected.
- Fixed a bug that when using the “Pulley Crossbow” weapon with the left hand while the right hand weapon received an attribute per spell or item, the effect was given to “Pulley Crossbow” as well.
- Fixed a bug where arrows and bolts that did not match the ranged weapon type could be launched in certain procedures.
- Fixed a bug where guard boost was reduced when some weapons were maxed.
- Fixed a bug where weapon attributes could be changed while the inventory was reaching its maximum capacity and the ash of war could not be changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Malenia, Goddess of Rot” boss to have low HP under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where when a boss is defeated in the host world as a co-op player, the same boss may not appear in your world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “God-Eating Serpent” boss battle from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from spawning under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the NPC event “Alexander, Warrior Jar” from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the “Holy Vial” item would not restore after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the “Starscourge Radahn” boss, the user could not move from the map to grace. If you cannot move from the map to grace, you can move to grace by tapping the “Starscourge Radahn” grace.
- Fixed a bug that prevented free found sites from registering on the map under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being able to be played when approached under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind hitting in hostile multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused performance to be sluggish when the “Sentry Torch” weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
- Improved stability of online multiplayer between PS4 and PS5
- Improved load times for the Xbox Series X|S version
- Fixed a bug where the master volume setting was not reflected in some scenes
- Improved stability of online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than expected in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to become inoperable and die in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug where drawing and hit detection were different than expected on some maps.
- Fixed a bug on some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
- Fixed some texts.
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
- In transactions with the NPC “Twin Maiden Husk”, the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their unlocked status is transferred to the NG+ game.
- Bone Seller’s Bell / Meat Peddler’s Bell / Medicine Seller’s Bell / Gravity Stone Seller’s Bell / Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell / Somberstone Miner’s Bell / Glove Picker’s Bell / Gloves Picker’s Bell Ghost
- Added highlight for choosing Holy Vial and various other options that can be beefed up in the menu for free
- Added sound effects when other players’ summon signs appear
Additions and modifications for the PC version only
- Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be entered into “PRESS ANY BUTTON” on the title screen.
- Added “Return to Desktop” to the system item in the main menu to exit the game.
- Changed so mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows active.
- Fixed a bug that reduced performance when changing “Screen Mode” and “Resolution” in a special procedure.